The following guide offers 10 foods that you should increase your consumption of in order to promote and maintain your healthy skin. It’s suggested that ‘you are what you eat’ and with this in mind, eating foods to promote health in specific areas make sense. There are specific foods that will promote health in specific areas and skin is one of the quickest organs to react to the way in which we fuel our bodies.
1. Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain the powerful antioxidant, Selenium, which works in conjunction with vitamins such as C and E. Selenium rich diets help to minimise the risk of skin cancer, age spots and promote a healthy skin alpha prime elite side effects
2. Oranges: “Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C and this makes them a wonderful food for healthy skin.”
Vitamin C helps to produce collagen and this strengthens the capillaries, leading to healthy, strong and radiant skin.
3. Avocados: Avocados are rich in vitamin E and this means that they promote healthy skin growth and help to repair skin damage caused by sun exposure. Avocados are also known to relieve symptoms of eczema.
4. Fish: Fish that contain healthy fats such Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats offer excellent benefits for the skin. This food promotes the intake of vitamin E as well as acting as a natural moisturiser. This leads to excellent aesthetic and health benefits.
5. Olives : The Mediterranean diet has long been acknowledged as one of the most healthy options in the world. Olives are a superb example of how diet can boost skin health. As well as promoting hydration of the skin, olives help to produce anti-inflammatory compounds that ease the symptoms of conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
6. Slow Releasing Carbs: Foods such as beans, pulses and porridge are classified as slow releasing carbs. These are the carbs that allow you to stay fuller for longer. High GI foods, such as white bread and sweet treats can increase wrinkles and have a damaging effect on your skin health.
7. Poultry & fish: Poultry, along with fish, red meat and whole grains increases consumption of zinc, which offers excellent benefit for healthy skin. Zinc is known to help repair skin damage as well as making skin supple and strong.
8. Nuts: Nuts such as brazil nuts, cashews and walnuts act as excellent supplements for anti-inflammatory benefits. This makes this group of foods excellent for those who suffer from conditions such as acne and psoriasis.
9. Carrots: Along with other vegetables such as pumpkins and butternut squash, carrots contain Beta Carotene, which plays an important role in promoting a healthy tone of skin and boosting skin cell development.
10. Water: “Water is by far the most important tool in promoting healthy skin.”
Allowing skill to remain hydrated, whilst also helping to transport toxins from the body, water is vital. Drinking 2 litres a day and enjoying water-rich foods such as cucumber and melons will make an excellent benefit to your diet.